Data Science in Healthcare is designed for technical professionals who have at least a moderate level of comfort with some type of analysis coding tools (such as SaS, SPSS, or R), college-level mathematics, and statistics. In this program, you will learn to:
- Use RStudio and Python analytics tools to address specific healthcare applications
- Use predictive analytics for public health issues
- Use data science to increase efficiency on the operations side
- Understand how to design precision solutions for patient care using AI
- Use predictive analytics to prevent fraud and other undesired outcomes
Although these topics could be applied to a range of businesses, this program will be particularly useful for entry to mid-career professionals in roles similar to the following:
Analysts – Ideal for professionals working in analytics roles in healthcare or industries adjacent to healthcare, such as insurance, pharmaceuticals, or biotech.
Mid-Level Managers – Ideal for professionals on the executive track who have quantitative responsibilities and relevant experience in a healthcare field.
Entry-Level Professionals – Ideal for professionals just beginning their careers who are looking to develop a data foundation with applications in the healthcare industry.
Representative roles well suited to this program include:
- Data Analyst
- MIS Analyst
- Healthcare Analyst
- Clinical Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Healthcare Operations Analyst
- Hospital Research Analyst
- Fraud Analyst
- Healthcare Fraud Investigator
- Financial Analyst
- Risk Analyst